Dr Charlie Lees
I am a consultant gastroenterologist based at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, and senior lecturer at the University of Edinburgh. I was awarded the prestigious European Rising Star in Gastroenterology Award in 2009. My major clinical, research and teaching interest is inflammatory bowel disease, especially diagnostics & therapeutics, monitoring, and the role of diet and the gut microbiota. I have a number of key local and international roles, including:
• The educational committee of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation
• Chair of the Scottish Society of Gastroenterology IBD Interest Group
• The British Society of Gastroenterology IBD Clinical Research Committee
• International IBD Genetics Consortium management committee
• UK chief investigator of the GEM study (www.gemproject.ca; a $20m cohort study investigating the underlying cause of Crohn’s disease)
• Major international teaching activities include directing the ECCO Advanced IBD Course, the United European Gastroenterology Summer School and Young Investigators Programme, and the Wellcome Trust Advanced Course in Genomic Medicine for Clinicians.
I offer consultations in all aspects of gastroenterology (including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease, nutrition, abdominal pain, dyspepsia and reflux) and a full range of endoscopic services (including upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy) at Shawfair Park Hospital. To make an appointment please contact the Spire appointments team (0131 316 2530) or my private secretary, Abbie Aitken (07429 184270).
Dr Lees email: firstname.lastname@example.org